Very interesting article I read recently, Being an ardent fan of Cricket most of it gave farrowed brow moments..
1. Unbelievably, the most number of runs scored in one over is not 36; contrary to popular belief it is actually ‘77’ which was scored in RH Vance’s over in a match between Canterbury and Wellington. RH Vance bowled one over in the match, and this is how it went: 0 4 4 4 6 6 4 6 1 4 1 0 6 6 6 6 6 0 0 4 0 1.
2. In the entire history of recorded Cricket, only four players have played on all ten batting positions for a team; names include Lance Klusener, Abdur Razzaq, Shoaib Malik, and Hashan Tillakaratne.
3. With Sachin’s bat Afridi hit 11 sixes and six boundaries with the bat and scored a 37-ball century against Sri Lanka which was the then fastest ODI century. :O :O
4. Indian pacer, Ishant Sharma can be considered responsible for the three maximum scores made ‘against’ India, by a batsman in the 21st century. How? Well, he dropped catches from all of three of them, on scores below 50.Later on, Alistair Cook went on to make 294 Runs, Michael Clarke made 329 Runs and Brendon McCullum ended up with 302 Runs, in 2011, 2012 and 2014 respectively.
5. Sri Lankan All-Rounder Sanath Jayasuriya has picked 323 wickets while Australia’s Legendary Spinner Shane Warne has picked 293. <3 <3
6. Pitch is always a rectangular area of 22 yards (20.12m) The only law which has not changed in cricket history is the length of the pitch.
7. It was an exhibition match between the two countries in 1987 and he came in as a substitute fielder for Pakistan. Abdul Qadir and Javed Miandad had left the field at lunch time and Tendulkar was asked to field. Imran Khan deployed him at long-on.
8. Indian ex-skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has not scored a century outside Asia. Mahi has scored six Test centuries and nine ODI tons, but all of them are scored in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
9. The only bowler to dismiss Don Bradman hit wicket in Test cricket is Lala Amarnath it happened in Brisbane in 1948.
10. Do you know the highest score of Wasim Akram? surprisingly its 257. Yes. what you read is right. Wasim Akram’s highest score in Test cricket is 257. On October 20, 1996, Akram scored unbeaten 257 against Zimbabwe at Sheikhupura. It is also the highest score by a number eight batsman.